- I watch Star Trek. In fact, I own the whole Next Generation on DVD. I just watched the new Star Trek movie and LOVED it. However, I have never dressed up as any character from any of the Star Treks, and so this did not make me a complete nerd.
- I have no fashion sense. It wasn't until high school that I started using conditioner on my hair, and I didn't blowdry my hair until the end of high school. I wore tapered jeans up through my first year of college. I even wore sweatpants to a Girls' Night Out this week. But the fact that I'm even aware that this is a problem shows that I'm no true nerd.
- I put bullets on this list. But bullets are cool, and at least this is not a top ten list. That would be nerdy.
- I love watching that Youtube video, White and Nerdy. I think it's even funnier in the version done with Legos. But that part's true.
- I learned Chinese in college by holing up in my dorm and studying for hours on end. I didn't have any friends that semester, and I got really awesome grades. But the next semester I made friends and got worse grades. Therefore, a recovered dork.
- And speaking of recovered dorks, Kevin used to play Dungeons and Dragons. I used to have a few Magic cards. We both absolutely love to read. Penny has no hope.
- I sew. I crochet. I make people gifts and give them even if they didn't turn out great (Sorry, John and Elisa). I hem and mend my own clothes. I even make elastic-band skirts for myself (see the second bulleted point). But I don't insist on decorating my entire house with crafty things I've sewn that didn't turn out quite right. So there's still hope for me there. (Ouch! Ha ha ha!)
But today's final addition to the list is hopelessly, shamefully nerdy. There is no retreat from this venture into the realms of geekhood.
You'll notice my new blog layout and how it has 3 columns.
It took me a while to do, and don't ask me how I figured it out. It took me like 3 tries over the course of 2 days.
- I edited the HTML on my blog.
(Hides face in shame)
8 comments:
You totally have to show me how to do that. I worked on mine for a day and gave up (here I thought I knew HTML cuz I developed a couple web pages while working at LANL one summer). But don't worry, that's the only bullet point I couldn't personalize :-).
That's not dorky...that's impressive! I wish I knew how to do that. And I will have you know that I seconded a few of the things in that list (especially choosing studying over friends).
Clint's in love with Star Trek Next Generation, and I LOVE the new Star Trek movie. We could all have a party and pretend our kids have pointy ears.
YOU'RE SO NERDY!
Wahoo! As soon as I get a little time, I'm going to use those instructions and do it myself! I got pretty good at making small changes to HTML (NOT programming) when I was a secretary for an office that had their own website.
I guess that's why we're friends, guys. I love being nerdy!
Melanie, I tried using directions from a few sources, but the link I included was the only one I succeeded with. You do have to make all the changes she made in red (even when she doesn't tell you to), and also, when it says to change something to "left" it means "left", not "$left". Um, I guess that means something different.
I think the sweatpants on girls' night is the topper! I loved reading this! You are so funny! :)
I have often refered to my self as a wanna-be Nerd, or a wanna-ba Geek. Because I don't think of myself as especailly smart, but I love geeky things, star trek (new movie is AWESOME!!!) starwars, LOTR, Simpson, electronics,I love making excell files, heck my husband is getting his PhD in physics (see I like geeky things) my list goes on on, but my point is that geekiness is a trait that should not be mocked or hidden, it is a beautiful thing. I like nerdy people.
Post a Comment